If you would like to participate in this work, please consider:
- Following New Jersey Standards Advocates on Twitter @NJStandards
- Requesting information by emailing us at NJStandards@studentsachieve.net
- Joining a webinar with the National Core Advocates Network
- Share resources with your colleagues
- Taking the Core Advocates survey to engage in the state and national level of Core Advocates work
Why be a New Jersey Standards Advocate?
- Direct connection to an immediate support system as you work within your own professional networks. New Jersey Standards Advocates work in every grade level preK-16 across all fields, all types of districts, and participate in a broad range of state and national professional organizations. By joining this network, you will be connected to key colleagues when you have questions or need support, problem-solving collaboration, or have an idea you'd like to bring to life around implementing the instructional Shifts at the center of New Jersey’s Student Learning Standards.
- Regular access to free, high quality instructional resources and the opportunity to participate in the creation of additional instructional tools that can be used across our state or the U.S.
- Multiple doorways that will allow you to stretch your leadership legs and use your voice to support all New Jersey students and New Jersey’s Student Learning Standards.
Who We Are
NJ Standards Math Leadership Team
- John Fritzky @JohnFritzky
- Arpi Lajinian @ALajinian
- Denise Rawding @DeniseRawding
- Josh Zargoski @JZagorski1
NJ Standards Literacy Leadership Team
- Amy Baskin @baskina87
- Melissa Butler @angelinashy
- Steve Figurelli @SteveFigurelli
- Amy Fratz @acfratz
- Karen Harris
New Jersey State Captain
Natalie Franzi is the New Jersey Standards Advocate Captain and has been working as a Core Advocate with SAP since 2015. She is the K-12 Director of Curriculum, Instruction & Special Projects of the Middletown Township Public Schools leadership team. Natalie was named a 2016 ASCD Emerging Leader. She is part of the NJASCD executive board, holding the positions of Secretary and North Region Co-Director. Natalie has been active in the edcamp movement in NJ, helping plan edcampNJ, edcamp Jersey Shore, and edcamp Leadership North Jersey. This year she has been focusing on NJ's ESSA implementation, helping to create the NJDOE's ESSA plan as part of the Stakeholder Committee. Follow her on Twitter @nataliefranzi.