It’s time for our annual Summer Reading Challenge! If you’re looking for a quick way to add new resources and ideas to your teacher toolbox, this reading list is for you.
Connect with Other Readers
Take your summer learning a step further by joining the discussion on Twitter. Use #CoreAdvocates and #SummerReading to share your favorite line from each article you read. Check the hashtag throughout the summer to see others’ favorites and discuss what you’re reading. In addition, we're launching a new Facebook group to discuss the summer readings, too. Click here to join and participate! This is a great way to add new colleagues to your virtual teacher network!
- Top 5 Resources for Learning Online
- 5 Ideas to Engage K-2 Students in Math Remotely
- Class and Family Book Tasting During Distance Learning
- Distance Learning with Intention and Purpose
- 3 Recommendations for Supporting Early Elementary Students Remotely
- Most Misunderstood Math Standards Series (choose any article or read the whole series!)
- Are We Teaching Fractions Correctly?
- Math Instructional Routines: Creating Opportunities for Students With Disabilities to Grapple with Grade-Level Math
- Desmos in the Math Classroom
- Mistakes Tell Us What Students Are Ready to Learn
- Planning the Small Group Reading Lesson
- Robust Vocabulary Instruction
- What Makes a High-Quality Diverse Text and How to Get These Texts Into Your Classroom
- Finding the Courage to Teach Texts Outside Your Comfort Zone
- For the Love of Learning