This grades 6-8 culturally relevant text set is about World War II and the impacts on varied experiences by identity groups, both civilian and soldier. While designed for grades 6-8, you may choose to adapt it for different grade levels. Please consider leaving feedback on this resource using the “Send Feedback” button at the bottom of the page.
Note: This resource is an image based text set created by Doodles Academy, experts on using art for cross-content learning.
Details about this culturally relevant text set:
- Grade Level Recommendation: Middle School (6-8) (adaptable for any age group studying WWII)
- Key Focus Areas for Design: Identity, Perspectives
- Topic: This text set is about World War II and the impacts on varied experiences by identity groups, both civilian and soldier.
- Curriculum Connection: Teachers do not need to use this text set in its entirety; these artworks are organized in topic-based segments so that educators can easily pull references to support their lesson plans, regardless of the curricula they are using.
- Context/rationale/reflections: This text set will help humanize WWII; through looking at a broad selection of visual resources representing varied views and involvement, students will gain an understanding of the complexity of war and experience. Through exposure to a wide and diverse range of stories, they will make personally powerful connections.