It’s time for our annual Summer Reading Challenge! If you’re looking for a quick way to add new resources and ideas to your teacher toolbox, this reading list is for you. Below you will find 15 articles filled with new ideas, inspiration, and information to prepare you for an excellent 2023-24 school year!
Learn with Other Readers
Excited by something you learned? Confused? Have something to add? Learning happens best when we do it together. Form a summer reading small group with colleagues in your school or join the conversation on Twitter and discuss these questions with educators across the country using #ATCSummerReading. You can also start a conversation with fellow readers by leaving a comment at the end of each blog post.
- Using Math Milestones to Activate Student Agency
- Unexpected Assets: Beyond the “Right” Answer
- Using a Task as a Pre-Assessment
Choose to read one or all of the posts from the Math Milestones Series which will be updated throughout the summer.
- Being Intentional About Text Selection Is Key to Equitable Instruction
- Text Complexity is…well…complex!
- The Stories We Were Sold: Reflections on Knowing Better, Doing Better in Education
- High-Quality Curriculum Raised the Bar, But Not High Enough
- How the Text Analysis Toolkit Expands Both Teaching and Learning in Classrooms
- Strategies to Empower Parents/Caregivers of Multilingual Learners
- Collaborating for Multilingual Learners in the Real World
- Practical Ideas to Support Newcomer Students
Other Takeaways from the 2022-23 School Year