It’s time for our annual Summer Reading Challenge! If you’re looking for a quick way to add new resources and ideas to your teacher toolbox, this reading list is for you!
Connect with Other Readers
Take your summer learning a step further by joining the discussion on Twitter. Use #CoreAdvocates and #SummerReading to share your favorite line from each article you read. Check the hashtag throughout the summer to see others’ favorites and discuss what you’re reading. This is a great way to add new colleagues to your virtual teacher network!
- Most Misunderstood Math Standards Series (choose any article or read the whole series!)
- Designing Useful Writing Prompts
- Three Simple Steps to Empowered Word-Learning
- Fraction Lab Series (choose any article or read the whole series on hands-on professional learning)
- Student Closing Statements
- Taking the First Step in Designing Mathematics Intervention
- The Daily Write
- The Connection Between Math Materials and Assessment
- Compelling Digital Lessons for English Learners
- Addressing Common Challenges with Student Writing
- I’m Passionate About Curriculum Because I’m Passionate About Pedagogy
- Press Play: Using Podcasts and Documentaries to Supercharge Background Knowledge and Bolster Reading Comprehension