- 06/15/22 | Adjusted: 06/24/22 | 2 files
- Grades 3-5
Montgomery Bus Boycott Text Set
This grades 3-5 culturally relevant text set is about the role of Black women during the Montgomery Bus Boycott. While designed for grades 3-5, you may choose to adapt it for different grade levels. Please consider leaving feedback on this resource using the “Send Feedback” button at the bottom of the page.
Details about this culturally relevant text set:
- Grade Level Recommendation: 3-5
- Key Focus Areas for Design: Perspectives, Counternarratives, Social Justice
- Topic: This text set is about the role of Black women during the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- Context/rationale/reflections: The Civil Rights Movement is often taught from the perspective of men leading the movement. This lesson highlights the contributions and leadership of the women whose experiences inspired the Montgomery Bus Boycott.