Welcome to Achieve the Core’s 2017 Summer Reading Challenge! This year, we've picked out popular pieces on a variety of topics from the Aligned blog. The selected posts represent many of the different voices and perspectives from our community. As you move through the list, follow @achievethecore for suggestions about additional readings and related activities on the different topics.
We challenge you to read all 14 articles and share your thoughts on social media as you complete them. Let’s see how many people can complete the whole list by Labor Day!
- Strategies to Support Learners Who Are Below Grade Level
- A Case for High-Quality Instructional Materials
- The Essential Elements of an ELA Curriculum
- Lessons Learned after Teaching without a Textbook
- Planning for Argument Writing
- SMP 1: Make Sense of Problems & Persevere in Solving Them
- Top 5 Questions about ELA Scaffolding in Elementary School
- Digging Deeper into SMP 4 – Model with Mathematics
- Designing Classroom Libraries that Build Knowledge, Vocabulary, and Engagement
- Using Flashcards in Math
- Building Reading Fluency
- What Do They Actually Know?
- Using Mini-Assessments in a Professional Learning Setting
- Limiting "Teacher Talk", Increasing Student Work!